Get Help Winning the Benefits You Deserve
If you’re living with chronic pain, you know how your life can slow down.
Normal, everyday tasks can morph into exhausting adventures. Trying to get through the day pain-free is hard enough. You can’t imagine working.
It’s why you’re need Social Security Disability benefits. The monthly checks can provide you stability—and more importantly, hope—while you focus on your health, the thing that matters most.
It can be difficult winning these benefits, however. Most first-time applicants are turned away.
At Rosenfeld & Morgan, we’ve made it our mission to help our neighbors in South Bend and all over Michiana when they need Social Security Disability benefits. We can guide you through what can be a complex, baffling system.
Give us a call today to get started.
Types of Chronic Pain that Qualify for SSD Benefits
Chronic pain, medically known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), can spread throughout your body at its worst.
Thankfully, Social Security recently started recognizing CRPS as a qualifying ailment. Some symptoms we see qualify:
- Pain in a specific area of your body
- Unexplained swelling
- Chronic inflammation
- Noticeable changes to your skin
- Sensitivity to touch, which may even make wearing clothes uncomfortable or painful
- Abnormal nail or hair growth
- Involuntary movements
If your symptoms aren’t on that list, don’t worry—you could still qualify.
We can answer any questions you have. We’ll even look at your case for free.
What You Have to Prove to Win Benefits with Chronic Pain
In general, to qualify for benefits you’ll have to meet Social Security’s definition of “disabled”:
- Your health has forced you out of work.
- You cannot switch to a new line of work.
- You won’t be able to return to work for at least a year.
But you can’t just tell Social Security you have a disability. You must prove it, with copious medical evidence to back up your claim. You’ll need documents like:
- Medical records of your ongoing treatment
- Lab test results
- Statements from your doctors, psychologist/psychiatrist and friends/coworkers/family
- Records of how chronic pain affects you daily life, such as journal entries
It all sounds overwhelming, doesn’t it?
It’s the last thing you should be worrying about right now. Let the experienced disability lawyers at Rosenfeld & Morgan ease your burden by handling the legal legwork.
We know the system, we know the people in it, and most importantly, we know how to give you the best chance to win.
If you’re in South Bend, Michiana, or anywhere in Indiana, get in touch with us today to start taking your life back.